It is quite complicated when it try to commit to a foreign bank account. At sometimes these scams work very smartly and users might not recognised the fraud activities and transactions they might face. To my attention , these are terribly a bad scams that should have been a taken serious legal action towards it.
At anytime money is involved, consumers must take serious awareness to avoid these scams to take place. Here are some tips to avoid fraud banking :-
- Be wary of Internet jobs that offer work-at-home opportunities that involve re-packaging or re-shipping of merchandise. Although the company website may look very professional, or really does have some great testimonials you may be asked to re-package stolen items. After giving information to this unknown company, including your bank account number for direct deposits, they can perpetrate fraud against you.
- Know your friends whom you met online. Never give out your account number or phone number to avoid fraud and scams. You might think you know your online friends but really you don’t.
- Install comprehensive firewall, virus and trojan protection on your computer.
- Never trust checks (cheques) that popup at your emails or mobile phone. The checks were tempting enough to make you suffer. Never!
- Use your right to one free credit report every year to know your activity and avoid scams activities left committed to your bank account.